Tuesday, March 31, 2009

More from Malaysia…

I should have been packing at this time and preparing to go back to Houston but the vicious virus or bacteria that I caught 2 weeks ago had made me stay back for a couple more weeks. I probably had not been so sick in 10 years.

At week 18, I am just now feeling more normal. My indigestion has eased a little, the nauseous feeling is gone, the awful taste in my mouth is almost gone if I don’t overeat and I can finally keep food down in my stomach. I can finally enjoy those yummy Malaysian foods, especially the delicious hawker food.

Unlike in the US, an ultrasound is performed at every check up. I also had a chance to see 3D pictures of our baby no. 2 at no additional cost! Here is a 3D snapshot, though a little hard to make out. Ian’s speech has blossomed since he came back to Malaysia. He is now very expressive and asked too many “whys”. The things he says surprises me and makes me laugh. Here are some pictures of Ian…

Ian checking out and smelling tea at a tea shop. He has an incredible sense of smell and has extremely sharp taste bud…thus a picky eater :)
Ian, the tea connoisseur, making tea for us…
We take Ian to the playground whenever we can and let him be a little monkey.
Ian witnessed the metamorphosis process. He likes bugs but his is more interested in rotating equipment and tools. He asks his grandpa everyday if there is anything broken so that he can do repair work.
Like me, he loves durian.
(Note from Papa: also like me, he likes watermelon...)

3 comments:

Joseph&Hsing said...

wow... Ian looks like a big boy now...
Pearl, hope you'll get well soon.
We all miss you and Ian. ^___^

豆萁 said...

Emm...you have baby #2 already? :O When is he/she due?

funmama said...

Is the baby boy or girl? Hope you do well.