Thursday, July 26, 2007

The Power of Prayer

Already in awe of how God answers our prayers with Papa Mama’s visa miracle, last night, I was again amazed by the power of our prayers. This week has been especially rough due to Ian not sleeping well at night. Last night, I was awake about every ½ hour to 1 hour from 9:30 pm until 1:00 am. Sensing that Ian will not go back to sleep without some milk, I gave in again and gave him some at 1:15 am. After drinking the milk, he was still irritable and would not go back to sleep. At 1:30 am, I was able to lie down with him. Then, I prayed with faith that God will let Ian sleep till morning and lay His reassuring hands on Ian through the night. The next thing I heard was my alarm clock ringing at 6:00 am. I thank God for giving both Ian and I our much needed sleep and for listening to my prayer.

Matthew 7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.”

No comments: