Saturday, October 14, 2006

Bottle Boycott

We started introducing the bottle to Ian about 2 weeks ago and it has been a struggle. I think he is having a case of nipple rejection instead of nipple confusion. We started by using the Avent bottles. Sometimes, we successfully fed him 4 oz., sometimes he rejects the bottle completely. I will be returning to work in 2 weeks and time is running out on me. After a severe case of nipple rejection last night, I ran out to Target to get a Dr. Brown’s bottle for Ian to try. To my dismay, he rejected the Dr. Brown’s bottle as well. I began to develop a fear for feeding him the bottle, fear that he just won’t drink from the bottle. Just about an hour ago, I prayed and prayed with Ian that he will just take the bottle and he did! These days, I feel very happy when things like that happen :) Thank you Lord and I hope that he will continue to take the Dr. Brown’s bottle (cleaning the Dr. Brown’s bottle is a pain. Any thoughts and ideas about bottle feeding, please share…)

Anyway, I have been so busy at home looking after Ian that I don’t even have time to read our own blog. I find myself shoving food down my throat during most meals and running out from the toilet in the middle of my.. ehem…business. Ian is 6 weeks old now. Here is a series of pictures that I tried to take of him for his passport.

Where is My Neck?

My stomach is so big, like a frog

Are you trying to take my picture? *Shy*

I am not liking this...

That's it, no more pictures!

Hmm? What is that flashing light?

(Clicked, and finally the passport picture we wanted! Hurray!)

My friends and I

I have wanted to share my “confinement” experience but have not found the time to do so, stay tuned, let me see if I can type fast enough before our high maintenance boss wakes up.

No comments: