Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Honey, where’s the Diaper Money?

I was never good at managing money and I was a complete idiot when it came to investing. Until I met my better half, my “wilder, younger days” had contributed much of my earnings into the growth of Singapore entertainment and pub industries. Like how we always hear our grandparents mentioned about the stories of them or their parents who came from China with just a few bucks in their pocket; I came to the amorican land with a pathetic US dollar bank account and a broken guitar (trying to romanticize the whole thing for my future descendants to worship, muahaha).

Anyway, the biting reality hit me right before our wedding when I started to look into our future: housing mortgage, rising education fee, expensive healthcare etc. So I was kind of “forced” to look into ways of saving money, good investments and bargain deals. My interest gradually snowballed into hobby, and now instead of playing computer games at my free time, I scavenge the sea of information in the internet for good tips on saving and investing.

I will share with you on this blog some of the information. Hopefully all of us will become better at saving up money for the diapers, milk powder, education, toys, books, ipods, that spiderman figurine, that limited edition Barbie dolls, and many other things that one day your little angels will ask for and you can’t refuse :)

No comments: