Thursday, August 19, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Megan

To my darling daughter Megan,

Happy Birthday to you.
You are 1 today and you made the past year so joyful that time just flew right by. You were born at 5:43 pm on a Wednesday, August 19, 2010. You weighed 7 lbs and measured 18.5” long. When you were in my womb, I was worried that I will not love you enough. When the doctor laid you on my chest, you immediately took a very special place in my heart, more special that I could ever imagine. After that, everything in my memory was a hazy because all I could feel was pain from labor without an epidural. You were ready to come into this world and did not give me enough time for the epidural.
You were so little, so precious in my embrace and I could not hold enough of you. You were a very good baby, ate and slept by the clock for the first two months. Then things changed. You started waking up more and more at night. With a family history of food allergy, I was very careful with your diet. At 10 months, I started feeding you some yogurt and you did okay. Thank God for listening to our prayers. We have been praying for you since you were conceived.
You were a “hand” baby because you constantly have to be held. You love to be sung to and would stop fussing when we sang to you. Till today you like to be lulled to sleep with “Twinkle twinkle little star”. At 11 months you started swaying to music that you like.
You were able to sit unsupported at 6 months, crawled at 7 months and cruised at 10 months. You first crawled backwards and it took you a few weeks to figure out how to crawl forward. Since you started crawling and grasping objects at 8 months, you have put almost everything into your mouth. You started eating semi-solid foods at 6months. Your first teeth - lower central incisors - came in around 9 months. You waved bye-bye at 10 months and from there onwards, you just took off with sign language. You started calling mama and papa at 8 months. As of today, we are still waiting for you to walk and more teeth to come in.
You love to go outside which made bringing you out and about a joy. You have such a naughty smile and I love receiving sloppy kisses from you. You like to eat and taste our food, especially food your brother Ian is having. You love to follow Ian around and do what he does.
I love it when you tuck your head on my shoulder and hug me tight. I love it when you wave your hand to say hi or bye-bye. I love your laughs when we play hide and seek and peek-a-boo. Your laughs just make my day. I love to see you chew on food with your only two lower front teeth. Your little mouth is so cute. I love it when I say “kiss kiss mama” and you kiss me on my lips. I just can’t get enough of those kisses. I love those moments when you have just waken up and I hold you - you just hold on to me and hug me tightly. I love your naughty smiles with your eyes squint. I love your serious face when you see new faces and you hold on to me even tighter, afraid that others might take you away from me.
Thank God for bringing you into our family and you are such a blessing to us and bring us so much joy. We hope that God will always be with you.
You are my little angel. We love you, and happy first birthday.

Love,
Papa & Mama

p/s: From your dear brother Ian, proudly announcing that his little baby sister is 1 today!

1 comment:

funmama said...

Happy Birthday, Little Megan..

All the best to you and your lovely family.